In Argentina Fruits And Vegetables Are Grown On The Sidewalks And Flower Beds
Bringing agriculture into town to find new areas to grow fruit and vegetables. It’s happening in Argentina where the flower beds and sidewalks become new spaces to grow to have fruits and vegetables available at zero kilometers.
We’re not talking about very crowded and polluted cities but small cities that have decided to renew itself in the name of healthy food, sustainable and at hand, so that now in Argentina is called the Fruit Town.
The project started from the city of Necochea, which is now being dubbed Ciudad Frutal just for the idea to plant fruit trees at each point where it is possible http://syamsflorist.com. Do you think that in our cities are often on the sidewalks planted trees that bear no fruit to prevent the fruit from falling to the ground when ripe and does not slug the streets.
Elsewhere in the world, however, there is a different mindset where the presence of fruit trees is considered of great value because it is a ploy that is able to make available to the good and healthy food to everyone, even to those who do not earn much and do not have money enough to always buy fresh fruits and vegetables.
This is not the first example of the world regarding the cultivation of fruits and vegetables in the city. There are several projects that over the years have made their way in this landscape, among the most famous are the ‘urban forest’ of Seattle and the city that grows all its vegetables and fruits in England, Todmorden.
Do you think that such an initiative can become a reality in our country
The agromafie are contrasted in the farmland, in secret rooms in which they occur in prices, in the haze of bureaucracy, the distribution stage of products that travel hundreds and thousands of kilometers before reaching the final consumer, but above all with transparency and information to citizens who need to know the history of the product that arrives on your plate, said the president of Coldiretti Roberto Moncalvo.
The caporalato in the plate
· The tomato paste from China where the forced labor of prisoners was reported
· Basmati rice from Vietnam where they were reported to child labor and exploitation
· Hazelnuts from Turkey under fire for the exploitation of minorities (Kurds)
· Roses from Kenya for cheap labor without rights
· Strawberries from Egypt where he is at risk Health at Work for the use of banned chemicals in Europe
· Flowers from Colombia where he denounced the exploitation of women’s work
· Sugar cane from Bolivia where you report the abuse of stimulants to increase stamina to work
· Meat from Brazil which have been denounced child labor and exploitation
· Garlic from Argentina where they were reported to child labor and exploitation
· The bananas from Ecuador where they are made with aircraft, treatments using chemicals banned in Europe